Privacy Policy

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)

An EPC contains:

Information about a property's energy use and typical energy costrecommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money.

Why do I need an EPC?

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are needed whenever a property is built, sold or rented. The person selling or letting a property must produce a valid EPC as soon as possible before a property is marketed. Should you need an EPC on your property, you must appoint an accredited energy assessor to carry out the assessment and produce the certificate.

What happens during an energy assessment?

The assessment is non-invasive and will not cause any damage to your property and usually takes between 30 mins to 1 hour on a typical property.

The Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is based upon an assessment of the property carried out by a licensed Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA). The domestic energy assessment involves: Establishing the age and construction method of the property. Measuring floor and wall areas of the property. Looking at heating systems including the boiler, heat emmitters and controls. Identifying existing cavity wall and loft insulation. Identifying any alternative heating (e.g. solar) and energy-efficient products (e.g. energy saving light bulbs). AG Site Solutions will collect specific data on the property as outlined by the Government (RdSAP methodology). This data is then used to produce the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).The specific information collected by the domestic energy assessor (DEA) includes:

Heating efficiency AG Site Solutions domestic energy assessor (DEA) will evaluate the boiler or the main heating system:
The manufacturer of the boiler.
The model if the boiler has a brand name.
The type of boiler you have, i.e. whether it is combi, condensing, non-condensing or a back boiler.
We will also look at the heating controls within the system for e.g. the thermostat, timer and radiator valves.
This enable us to evaluate the energy efficiency of the combined heating system.

Insulation efficiencyThe domestic energy assessor (DEA) will evaluate the types of insulation installed in your property. Existing insulation is measured and comparedagainst current standards:Loft insulation - The average depth of loft insulation is measured.Cavity wall insulation - The existing cavity wall is examined externally, either visually or by looking inside the cavity to determine whether insulation is present.

Double glazing - The doors and windows will be checked for double's domestic energy assessor (DEA) will all at all times respect your home and answer any questions you may have during the assessment.

Want to join our team?

Are you a DEA agent and looking more work we are happy to work with you or any other services please get in touch with us a brief message and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Get intouch